Thursday, August 9, 2012

Making a cheap death cult assassin

DCAs are one of the few close combat units in an SOB army that are any decent.  Having five attacks on the charge (when using Uriah Jacobus) at initiative 6 is quite a handy thing, along with a 5+invul and FNP. Unfortunately, the models from GW are horribly expensive and they often go for close to retail on eBay. 

Following advice from a friend, I bought some of the new Dark Eldar Wyches plastics and adapted them to double swords.  At the same time, I trimmed off their pointy ears and the majority of the spikey stuff over their armour.  I used a bit of the liquid greenstuff to normalise their swords and smooth out any surgical scars.  A box of ten of these figures cost about the same as two DCAs, and so far I've converted four of them.  Today I got round to finishing the paint job on one of them.  Although it doesn't look exactly like the original, I actually quite like the way you can pose the plastic mini, making it a little less static than the rather dated originals.




1 comment: